Re: gnome-libs/zvt not compatible with Solaris (2nd try)

In message <199812031836.MAA04397@erandi.nuclecu.unam.mx>, Miguel de Icaza writ
es:
+-----
| > gnome-libs incorrectly looks in /usr/ucblib/libucb.{a,so} on Solaris and
| > concludes that sendmsg() is usable; the subsequent compile then fails becau
| se
| I can not see in configure.in any test that looks for the ucb
| libraries.  Can you provide more details on how this happens?
+--->8

I'm holding down the department virtually by myself this week so I didn't have
time to dig into it; I (incorrectly) assumed it was a -lucb problem because
that's where a lot of Solaris pseudo-"brokenness" comes from (avoid -lucb
unless you know exactly what you're doing...).  Someone else went digging
further and found out that Solaris 2.[56] doesn't support the Unix98 spec's
version of sendmsg().

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu