Re: gnome-libs/zvt not compatible with Solaris (2nd try)

Frederic Devernay <devernay@istar.fr> writes:
> Same problem for me, Solaris 2.5 & 2.6, except that it's in the standard
> libraries (libsocket.so.1), not in libucb, so configure will always find
> it (-lsocket is used by other libs).
> The only problem is that this implementation differs from the one found
> in linux (the latter being POSIX).

>From the looks of it, the Solaris `msghdr' has a `msg_accrights', as
opposed to a `msg_control' -- so it probably is equivalent to the data
part of a SCM_RIGHTS cmsg (Solaris 2.5 apparently doesn't support the
Unix98 cmsghdr).  A simple autoconf test should tell us which variant
to use.

BTW, sendmsg doesn't appear to be POSIX.  So Solaris is also POSIX
:-).  `sendmsg' is specified in Unix98 -- and Solaris 2.[56] don't
seem to confirm to it.

- Hari