Re: Aieee! Need help with gmodule!

tl> My apologies in advance that this is not a general-purpose GNOME question.
tl> I am trying to use gmodule in a project ( for more info).
tl> I am compiling some shared objects which I hope to link into my system.

tl> When I run my test g_module program on one of my shared object files,
tl> I get the following error:

tl> % gmodule_test modules/
tl> ** ERROR **: modules/ ELF file's phentsize not the
tl> 	expected size
tl> aborting...
tl> %

tl> Since I can find no docs on gmodule, I have no idea if I am doing anything
tl> at all right.  Would whoever in this crowd is knowledgeable concerning
tl> gmodule mind looking this over and offering me what advice they can?

tl> I compile my objects this way:

tl> 	gcc -shared  -fpic -DPIC -c \
tl> 		`/opt/gnome/bin/glib-config --cflags` -I.. \
tl> 		$file -o ${file%.c}.so

Just a wild guess:

drop the -shared flag when compiling a file. Use it only when
linking some -fpic compiled files into a shared library.

not correct, but i hope you get it:
gcc -fpic -DPIC .... $file -o -o ${file%.c}.lo
gcc -shared -i *.lo
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <> or query PGP key server for PGP key.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                -- Philip K. Dick