Re: GTK+

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Will Deutsch wrote:

> I'm trying to install gnome on a new machine from CVS... When I try to
> setup gtk+ I get the following error on autogen.sh
>
> (/home/sdeutsch/Software/GNOME/gtk+)                                            sdeutsch@beowulf69%./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/GNOME
> aclocal: configure.in: 178: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
> configure.in:150: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:151: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> Now type 'make' to compile Gtk+.
> (/home/sdeutsch/Software/GNOME/gtk+)                                            sdeutsch@beowulf69%
>
> Did I forget something.... I'm trying this on a RH5.2 system...

Your aclocal can't find glib.m4.  Do you have the CVS glib installed,
and where did you install it?  In the same prefix as auto* tools?

Use the
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /some/path/to/aclocal"

to make aclocal find that m4.

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2142 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2161 for the rich and the dead.
   780 days remaining in the Raw Deal.