Re: configure f*cked up in CVS gtk+, gtk-engine

In most cases, errors that occur early on in the autogen script will cause
problem later on.  For instance, the first error says it can't find
AM_PATH_GTK and AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB.  When this happens, those macros are
not expanded, leaving non-shell syntax in the configure script causing the
configure error.

To fix this, you need to let aclocal know where the macros are installed.

>From what you have written, you probably need to set the environment
variable to ACLOCAL_FLAGS to -I/opt/local/sw/gtk/snaps/share/aclocal (or
whereever gtk.m4 and imlib.m4 are stored), before running autogen.

I hope this helps,

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au