weird segfaults and panel status

I'm getting way too many weird segfaults, which seem like memory problems
to me ... (for example in gdb a function gets very weird arguments and
segs, but when I go up the stack, the arguments passed had sane values, for
me this problem occurs during calloc call ... g_malloc0 calls calloc with
something like 608 or so ... and calloc thinks it was called with 4billion
or so ...

another case was on entry to a function ...

can someone with something more then efence look for these problems?
I know miguel got insure ... efence helped solve the more sane memory
problems I've been having (really dumb ones) ... but the weirder ones
it hasn't helped with ...

it's not really hard to get a segfault, usually during remove or during
logout when the logout dialog is on ... if it really is some weird memory
overruns, it might be different on intel I guess

I don't plan on adding any more major features anytime soon to the panel,
so now it needs to be cleaned up and stabilized ...

some remaining things that need to go in
1) the window manager hints and related things ... what's the status on
these?
2) alpha channel icon drawing (on hold till raster finishes imlib2.0 I
guess, or I might use caanvas for that), ... that will be an optional feature
anyhow
3) maybe better animations, so that we can put the panel not just on the edge,
so that it for example can avoid the colums which say windowmaker uses ...
not a hugely high priority for me ... so if someone wants it real bad, please
rewrite the animation routines so that they don't use the fact that they are
on the edge, and reduce the window size during the "hiding", similiar to what
drawers do, but slightly different (also drawers need to be slightly rewritten
as well)

George