Re: Commercial Development
- From: Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis mindspring net>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- cc: "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>, Eric Wood <eric interplas com>
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
On 28 Aug 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:
> I don't think this is a fair characterization. Yes, the development
> version is somewhat unstable. That's because the developers of GTK+
> make their work-in-progress available.
> If someone had started writing a program for GTK+-1.0 when it was
> released in the middle of April, they would not have had to make a
> single change to their source up to this point in time. Programs
> developed for GTK+-1.0 will compile against GTK+-1.0 and run with the
> GTK+-1.0 libraries forever.
That's completely reasonable. Sorry for the mischaracterization.
Todd Graham Lewis 32°49'N,83°36'W (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux****** MindSpring Enterprises email@example.com
] [Thread Prev