> reflections# pwd
> /home/tlewis/gnome/cvs
> reflections# cd glib
> reflections# make uninstall
> reflections# cd ..
> reflections# mv glib glib-foo
> reflections# cvs checkout glib
> (...)
> reflections# ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome && make && make install && ldconfig
> (..., it all worked)
> reflections# /opt/gnome/bin/glib-config --libs
> -L/opt/gnome/lib  -lglib-1.1
>
> Can someone please do one of the following:
>
> 1) take the patch to glib-config.in which I posted and apply it against
> the anonCVS tree, or
>
> 2) shut anonCVS down until this known bug and the rest of the
> discrepancies between developer CVS and anon CVS are fixed?
>
> There is no need for this madness!

Exactly.

$ glib-config --libs gmodule
-L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -lgmodule-1.1  -lglib-1.1 -ldl

$ gtk-config --libs
-L/opt/themes/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -lgmodule-1.1 -lglib-1.1 -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lpthread -ldl -lm

When -lgmodule is needed, gmodule should be added to the glib-config
line, as it is for GTK+. Perhaps you should try getting clean copies
of of gtk+ and gnome-libs? Everything seems to configure and compile
fine here.

> GNOME from anonCVS is breaking because of a well-documented bug, and
> there are probably other bugs which are resulting from the (reported
> but unconfirmed) discrepancies between anonymous and developer CVS.
> This sucks!  Help!

Regards,
                                        Owen