Re: Commercial Development

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Eric Wood wrote:

> My company hasn't used the GTK+ toolkit as of yet so I may be
> out of place here.

Not at all.

> In anyone's opion, is the GTK+ toolkit capable of delivering a nice
> office suite, such as Corel Suite 8, StarOffice 5.0, or any other
> commercail-type application?

It could, but I think that it still is in such a state of flux that I
would be scared to use it.  In another 6-12 months, my hope is that
GTK+ will have stabilized enough to allow use in very large projects
by people other than GTK+ hackers.

Also, at least for office apps, getting GtkDPS finished would help a lot.
Anyone have any idea what the deal is with it?

> Are there any projects underway that is doing an IDE for GTK+/GNOME?

There is at least one, the name of which escapes me.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net