Balsa, The Gimp

Hello!
	I've got the latest gnome rpm's (v0.27, v0.28) as of 23 August, as
well as an old version of gtk+ and glib so that The Gimp will function.
I've been having trouble compiling gtk+ apps (the gtkfontsel most
recently) because it seems to have trouble finding the correct library.
I suspect this is because I've got multiple copies sitting around.  Is
there a new Gimp rpm that is compiled against the new gnome libs? Are
there other alternatives for me if I'd like to get the old libs off but
keep The Gimp? (i.e. would it be overly difficult to recompile The Gimp
sources with only the newer gtk+ and glib installed?)

	I downloaded the Balsa rpm's last night and installed them.  When
I try to run the app, it asks me strange questions about my inbox, outbox
and trash directories.  This leads me to suspect that it is going to be
looking for my mail on my own computer (via sendmail), rather than at a
different mail server (POP3).  No matter what path I type into those
boxes, it says they are invalid.  Is there a secret to getting Balsa to
work with a remote POP3 account?

	Thanks!  I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for
these sorts of questions.

     Christopher S. Swingley
     Department of Biology and Wildlife
     University of Alaska Fairbanks