event loops in glib

Hi everyone,

there was a brief suggestion at the end of one of Elliott Lee's posts that
Owen (Taylor?) would be moving some event loop stuff into glib.  I noticed
that there were a few problems mixing libraries (in general, not in the
gnome project) which use event loops, and I did some work (not much!) on
developing a centralized event loop service which would most likely fit
into glib. So I guess I'm offering to help Owen out with this!

Finally, thanks to everyone who's worked on this project for all the time
they've put in: it's much appreciated.

- Duncan