Re: gnome-core compiling errors

David Smock wrote:

> where can I get the Xxf68misc lib?  there isn't one anywhere on my box

I think I got this same error when trying to compile GNOME on an
older (couple years maybe?) Slackware box.  Don't recall if it
was an X version thing, or what.  I can't remember which X I had
on that box.  I eventually gave up (for other reasons too) and
installed Redhat 5.0 instead.  That fixed the problem, but didn't
resolve it.

I do remember spotting the Xxf86misc lib in the X file listings
on www.xfree86.org, so it does definitely exist in later
versions.  An X upgrade (painful as that sounds) may fix the
problem.  Not 100% sure, though.

Sorry I couldn't help more...

John