Imlib problems

Hello.  I'm fairly new to GNOME, and today I finally downloaded all the
base packages off of CVS.  Glib, gtk+, etc. compile fine.  But imlib is
giving me excessive woes.  I downloaded all of the graphics libraries off
of labs.redhat.com, and all of them are recognized except for the JPEG
library.

I tried to just compile imlib w/o it though so I could get on
with gnome-libs and check out GNOME.  I get a good ways into 'make' when I
get this:../gdk_imlib/.libs/libgdk_imlib.so: undefined reference to
`TIFFDefaultStripSize'

The errors quit make.  I tried recompiling the TIFF lib, but to no avail.
There might be something quite obvious that I'm missing, but I am fairly
new to working through errors....

Oh, and I'm running slackware, too....is that a problem w/ GNOME?  I don't
think so, but I might as well cover my bases....

Thanks a bunch for any help you can offer!

David

| David Smock                    |
| http://www.lagged.com/~david/  |
| smockman@IRC ; smocky7@AIM     |