Re: gnome-db 0.2 is ready

>> > Actually, why not use Guile?
>>
>> yes and i read somewhere (on the guile page or on the gnome pages)
>> that one of the reasons to use guile was exactly to not have another
>> language for config files, but be able to use guile for it.

ac> I wonder why the GNOME developers don't remember their own (good) ideas?
ac>:)

ac> --
ac> Adam Chodorowski (archmage@earthdome.com)

The reason no to use Guile in the config file is:
The .odbc.ini file is also read by the ODBC drivers of the
databases. They simply don't understnad Guile. Of course we could have
two files, but keeping them in sync is a nightmare.

ac> --
ac>          To unsubscribe: mail gnome-list-request@gnome.org with
ac>                        "unsubscribe" as the Subject.