[Fwd: [Fwd: GMC: Recreating the best console file manager for X]]

Bruno Widmann wrote:

> i think gmc should have same layout & basic design as console-mc, because
> that's allmost perfect (as was norton commander for dos). Add drag&drop to
> that, but don't remove functionality...
>
> Kind of like windowscommander, which does that under windows, and is by
> far more usable than win-explorer

I really like the idea of being able to have two panes to work in like
the console mc. But, I know some people will complain :) That does sound
like a great idea for an option however.
  Im thinking about cleaning up and redesinging the file properties
dialog. I have a few NeXT screenshots of the file inspector (will post
them at request) that make the current gmc file dialog look really
sloppy.

Anyone else think we need a gmc developer list?

Greg