Re: RedHat 4.2 (libc5) ?

Um..I'm on S.u.S.E., which won't be glibc till 6.0 and it compiled fine
for me. The only major problem I've had is with applet/panel issues. I had
to modify a Makefile here and there and some of the Potfiles etc. usual
sh** but nothing major. I don't think your problems are because of libc5.
I built from sources.