Re: Font Selector

 .........----------------==================----
..--==-  Sun, 16 Aug 1998 10:04:47 -0400 (EWT),
..--==-  nuke  (n) mentioned:

 n)  On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Andrew Veliath wrote:
 )) Anyone think a gfontsel is useful?  I coded a tiny one up which
 )) uses the GTK font selector widget, and acts very similar to
 )) xfontsel.  A small pic is here:
 )) http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/gfontsel.gif

 n)  it's about a five minute job if you know what you're doing, and
 n)  you aren't parsing xfontsel-like commandline args. if there are
 n)  no objections, i'd like to add mine to gnome-utils.

Well, I'm only parsing the args I thought were useful in this context,
such as print and pattern.  Also it uses the gnome_config routines to
remember your last selected font, which I thought was nifty.

It's amazing the functionality that Gnome gives you now; it makes this
program nice and compact and quick to code.  Probably a good place for
a program like this is in mini-utils.

..
--

        Andrew Veliath