Re: problems compiling gnome 0.27 on a linux box.

On 980816, Moses DeJong wrote:
> Hello all, I have been trying to compile gnome 0.27 for a couple of hours
> and I seem to have hit a wall.

I just finished this exercise, and hit the very same walls you did.
> #workaround because "make gnomesupport.h" is still broken
> cd support
> make gnomesupport.h

actually, I didn't have any problems there.  Should I worry?

> gnome-panel-stubs.c: In function `GNOME_Panel_applet_request_id':
> gnome-panel-stubs.c:37: structure has no member named `objinfo'
> gnome-panel-stubs.c: In function `GNOME_Panel_applet_register':
> gnome-panel-stubs.c:195: structure has no member named `objinfo'

remove gnome-panel-stubs.c, and it will be recreated from
gnome-panel-stubs.idl.  I think/guess the included one was created with
an older version of ORBit.

You'll run into another POFILES.in with some bad entries, but you
already know how to fix those.  I think that was the only other
problem I found.  Sorry, I didn't keep good notes as I was working.