Re: Metadata, a complete, WELL DOCUMENTED, idea, and responce.

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Larry 'Daffy' Daffner wrote:

> This can be very simple (to view a JPEG file, use ee), but still allow

Coming from an ex-OS/2 user, I must say that I don't like this very
limited view at all.  Under OS/2 I can, on an object-by-object basis,
specify multiple actions for a file - I can open it with EE, or with XV,
or with 'display', or by a class of objects (*.jpg).  This is good when
some programs (especially under X) have better colormap handling but, for
instance, are much larger or slower.  I'm sure other object systems have
much better than windoze implemtation that people limit themselves to.

Just something to think about.

--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
                                 - System Administrator, Programmer