Re: Metadata, a complete, WELL DOCUMENTED, idea, and responce.

I'm sorry, but with the description of that preload-related system, you've made
the meta-information just about completely useless to me, and I for one will
not benefit from such a scheme :(

Side-note:  Even _if_ you rely on preload, you _cannot_ ask that all
users of the machine, any binary that ever changes things on disk,
use that library - you might as well just produce your own libc and
be done with it.  And without doing that, you _will_ have
synchronisation problems - so partially doing it gains you nothing, because
you still have to address the desynch issues anyway.  Again, if you're
suggesting LD_PRELOAD as a way to address synchronisation problems,
_it's not_ - it _does not_ work, because it cannot be reliably applied
across all environments.

And the idea that snuck in there somewhere of having a suid binary that
the library references just makes it more unusable - I'm certainly not
allowed to install suid stuff at will, and I certainly don't want my standard
user-level binaries relying on a suid program at any time.

KevinL