Re: panel error *** ORBit patch ***

On 13 Aug 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

> I refuse to put broken DNS hacks in in order to cater to broken system
> setups. I quite honestly do not care to support broken systems - should I
> also check to make sure that you have IPv4 support on your system before
> attempting to use it? :)
>
> I'm not asking for the world - just edit your /etc/hosts so that your
> hostname can be turned into an IP address, and back into a FQDN (e-mail me
> privately if I can help you out with this).

o.k. I'm asking. Everything on my system works except the applets which
say they 'cannont connect to the panel' or something similar. I have no
major issues with anything else. Is there something in my /etc/hosts I
need to change? This particular machine is a single user machine that I
access the internet through dial-up connections. My /etc/hosts/ just has
lines like:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.2 anastasia.jazz.org anastasia
in it. There are more but these are the ones for my machine? Where am I
going wrong?

-M

One is most dishonest towards one's God; he is not _permitted_ to sin.