Re: panel error *** ORBit patch ***

On 13 Aug 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

> I refuse to put broken DNS hacks in in order to cater to broken system
> setups. I quite honestly do not care to support broken systems - should I
> also check to make sure that you have IPv4 support on your system before
> attempting to use it? :)

Oh, come on.  End users have broken systems; this is an immutable law of
nature which no amount of intransigence on developers' parts will ever
change.  Be liberal in what you accept and conservative in what you send,
not the other way around.

> If you want to send in a non-hackish patch to read a global config file
> for default command line switches, including a nice way to generate a new
> UNIX socket name for each app, I'll be glad to consider it.
>
> I have committed stuff to fix the segfaults - please give it a try now! :)

I'm pretty sure that I have broken DNS, so I'll give it a try.  8^)

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net