Re: condensed new mailing list request

Dries, Joseph wrote:

> > etc.)
> > > Do you think about graphical stuff or do you think about designs of the
> > > general gnome tool, like database, object model-discussions and so on?
> >
> > Nope, just graphics and visual appearance.  We may need to come
> > up with a better name for this one.
> >
>         If it's just graphics and visual appearance, basically the interface
> between the user and the applications, then it should be called gnome-gui,
> n'est pas?

The gui-list has become the tromping grounds for the style guide,
and has been very busy lately (sometimes it's a downright
hailstorm).  Also, the gui-list is concerned more with the
functionality of the GUI, rather than the specific appearance of
it.  I suppose gnome-design would be more concerned with surface
looks, and related issues, like maintaining a common design
standard for icons, etc.

John