Re: [Fwd: ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught]

James Smith writes:
 > I posted this this morning sometime.  Try running `xxgdb app_name'.
 > After it starts up type `run'.  After it catches the signal and stops
 > (if it does stop), press the `stack' button.  I still haven't figured
 > out why mine are doing it - it's not in the app code, it's in the
 > libraries somehow.  I'm just waiting for the CVS tree to catch up to my
 > old libraries*L*
 >
 > Anyway, see if you can find some common problems across the apps that
 > aren't working.  It'll give you some idea where the code is breaking.
 > (For example, the three I checked seem to have problems creating the
 > menus.)

Yep--been doing this. I had just been wondering whether I could get
down into spawned applets--cause everything *else* is working fine for
me.:) Anyway, just by randomly trying, I found that 'gen_util_applet
--clock' can be debugged without dragging the whole panel into it.

Anyway, any time I try to start an applet, it segfaults at line 208 in
ORBit/src/orbit_object.c. Haven't found anything else out.

Torben