Re: Changing mousepointer...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Is there any way of changing the look of the mouse-pointer in X?
>
> not really.  or at least I do not know of any way to do so.

"man xsetroot"

       -cursor cursorfile maskfile
              This lets you change the pointer cursor to whatever
              you want when the pointer cursor is outside of  any
              window.   Cursor and mask files are bitmaps (little
              pictures), and can be made with the bitmap(1)  pro-
              gram.   You  probably  want the mask file to be all
              black until you get used to the way masks work.

       -cursor_name cursorname
              This lets you change the pointer cursor to  one  of
              the  standard  cursors from the cursor font.  Refer
              to appendix B of  the  X  protocol  for  the  names
              (except  that  the  XC_  prefix  is elided for this
              option).

There are standalone programs that do animated cursors, etc.

--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
Florida Institute of Technology  - System Administrator, Programmer