Re: error compiling in gnome-utils

On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 09:58:41PM -0400, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, William F. Maton wrote:
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gnome/gnome-utils/po'
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../gncal/getdate.c', needed by
>
> This is because getdate.c is a generated file that only gets generated
> when you compile.  Fun right :)  Someone should reorder the SUBDIRS in
> Makefile.am to something appropriate.  A quick fix is to cd to gncal and
> type make.  Then cd .. and type make.  Things should work then.

Also, there seems to be quite a few things missing from the
gnome-utils-0.25 release.  There are empty directories for
mini-utils/gsu, edit-menus, and gstripchart.  In gnome-media, the
extace and gnomovision directories are empty.  In the gnome-games,
there is no configure file.

The build of 0.20 went much more smoothly for me.  Is there any chance
that there might be a gnome-0.30 out RSN?

-- John Kodis.