Re: gtk+ compilation from CVS

I think this one is in the FAQ.  Since you choose the prefix /opt/gnome,
you  built glib there too, I presume. glib made an aclocal and put it
in there, but your system doesn't know. System is probably looking
in /usr/share/aclocal or such.  To solve the problem, make a symlink
from

ln -sf  /opt/gnome/share/aclocal/whateverfile.m4
          /usr/share/aclocal/whateverfile.m4

That way, the system finds it.  On Soren H's cvs howto page, another
solution is offered--hack the autogen.sh.  But the symlink is a permanent
solution.

paul j