Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

>   4) No versioning is good versioning
>       - being able to change the interface of an object after code out there
>         is already linked to it has always been a careful balancing act.
>         COM just admits that this dosn't make any sense. Once you publish
>         an interface to the world, it can never change. This assures that
>         you never break the ability for old programs to bind correctly.
>         An object can support any number of interfaces, so if you want to
>         be backward compatible, you just support the old and the new.
>         More importantly, this allows you to avoid the legacy code problem
>         to a great degree. Because of the robust binding of code to

Hmm... This is one thing that's annoyed me about COM, but you do have a
point.  I've been sufficently annoyed with having revised COM interfaces
looking like: interface.h, interface2.h, interface3.h...  The first stab
at the interface is usually defficent, and this ends up happening in a lot
of code.