once more: libpng question

reflections% panel
message: Initializing CORBA for panel

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
debug: rereading menu
debug: rereading menu
started applet, pid: 14395
message: Initializing CORBA for applet

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

** WARNING **: Forcefully removing connection 0x80c84e8 from poll list
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
Saving to [/panel.d/default/]
Saving session: 1 2 3 4
The mail in /home/tlewis/Mailbox has been read.
reflections%

No graphics at all are displaying.  I can't seem to figure out what
piece of imlib or a converter program is complaining about a libpng
error.  This seems a most unfortunate failure mode.  Much better would
be:

	(if a helper app is displaying that message:)
	libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
	imlib error: helper application footopnm exited abnormally!

	(or, if it's an imlib error:)
	imlib libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Raster, anyone, can someone please help me figure out what this problem is?
If I had an idea what was breaking, and I don't, then I could go mucking
around and add the more verbose logging myself.  I'm happy to do so, I
just don't understand quite what's going on here.

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net