Menu items with icons

Hello,
I am working with other people in the Style Guide and we had though we could
make a Gnome menu in all the aplications. Of course, it should be a foot
menu, being the menu bar something similar to this:

| 8'  File Edit View Etc                                        |

That 8' is the gnome footprint icon. But before write anything in the style
guide we want to make some tests. I was developing a program which doesn't
do anything, but has this menus. My question is: how can I put there the
Gnome Footprint icon? Thank you.

- yiyus

PS: Is there any tutorial to write Gnome applications in development? If
there isn't it should be...