RE: GNOME Database kit

On 05-Aug-98 Jan Kellmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> - What about a "layer" in GNOME, that hides the connection from the
> user? In this "layer" you can put the code that connects to a DB like
> ADABAS, mySQL or some ODBC code.
> - An interface to glade (form design).
> - An interface to the db libs (above) to create, delete and manipulate
> the tables on the server.
> - An application that puts it all together.
> - A program builder to put all of the code into one application to
> distribute.
>
> Is it stupid, that I want something like Paradox on my Linux Box?

        Don't think so! I've thinking about the same things, only a whole lot
more of functionality!

        I'm about to go for a 4 day weekend and i'll try to put on "paper" my
ideias so that later i can share them with everyone on this list. I sincerely
hope that some of those ideias make it into Gnome Database kit!

        See y'a

        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt
----->  http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf | Agora bilingue (PT e EN)