CVS server troubles.

Hi!

I've been wondering what is the correct way to ``update'' the local
checkout:
-) cvs update -Pd seems to ignore module aliases, so for example when
   libvfs was added to gnome-libs, it did not check it out.
-) cvs checkout seems to work, but I'm still not sure if it is the correct
   thing to do.
-) ``Cleaning'' the checkout is another problem. (When I hack on Gnome, I
   do it directly in the checkout area. But usually, I'm working more on
   fringe of Gnome, so I usually just build uptodate RPMs, and the spec
   file tend to break if the .tar.gz is not ``clean'')
   make maintainer-clean ; rm configure seems to work, but I'm not to
   sure.
   An alternate way I've noticed today seems to be
   for i in `find . -name .cvsignore` ; do ( echo $i: ; cd `dirname $i` ;
   xargs rm -f <.cvsignore ) ; done
   But again, I'm not to sure about this way.

So what do the great masters of CVS, automack, autoconf and assorted
beasts say?

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by