Re: The new panel

Oliver Flimm writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Zaphod Beeblebrox writes:
 >  > Hmm...I personally think the "+" buttons are just as bad as the "Add" ones...
 >  > they are distracting. Also, it looks like the symbol for the red cross, which
 >  > is kinda weird.
 >
 > I have to agree. Perhaps it's better to leave these additional buttons
 > out of the menu and instead make it a matter of clicking
 > (eg. shift-left-click or right-click) to reach the additional
 > functionality. Of couse this would make it less obvious for new users.

Just off the top of my head--how about an option 'Show panel add
buttons in menus' or somesuch? Hopefully worded somewhat more
nicely--I'm a bit bagged to be thinking right now. Anyway, this would
show the things but let people who dislike the look (like me :) to get
rid of it.

Of course (no offense, George), I think the idea itself needs to be
disposed of. It unnecessarily messes with the menu idea, and even when
it said 'Add', it didn't seem terribly obvious what it was for. Seeing
as it's not a concept that carries throughout the menus in non-panel
apps, it also breaks consistency within Gnome.

This might go well in gnome-gui. Anyway, just my $0.03 (Canadian currency).

Torben