Re: checkout or update?

    >> The problem is, that when I do an update and new directories
    >> are added they are not downloaded, so that the final build
    >> process will fail.  Perhaps I missed the necessary option :-)

    Miguel> Do a: "cvs update -d"

That helps with all directories except the "intl", "support", "macros"
and so forth.

A friend here in Italy cannot stay connected long enough to do initial
checkouts of some modules, and future "cvs update -d" commands do not
grab directories that are included as a module artifact.

My reading of the CVS command reference for "update" did not reveal
any way around this, so unless I missed something, in those cases you
need a reasonably clean initial checkout.