Re: Install program

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Marc Ewing wrote:

> > 	How is this problem being solved?
>
> Well, that's really a policy/usage issue and has nothing to do
> with RPM (or dpkg).
>
> RPM has enough features so that uses can also use it to install
> into a some /home/marc/mysoftware/... hierarchy and keep their
> own RPM database.

	Of course!  Look at my next post for a better example of what I'm
talking about.  The idea isn't that this is impossible, it just sounds
like, from what peopel are planning, that this won't be easy/intuitive.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.