Re: Icons of program

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 Rubber_Buccaneer@Galactic.Headquarters.org wrote:

> The output from the file command ought to give you enough information, surely?

	I'd argue this too.  But the point being made is a little
different.  The 'file' command only says things like:

file /usr/local/netscape/netscape
/usr/local/netscape/netscape: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

	It doesn't say WHAT the program is.  However, when you run this
program, and iconize it, there's an icon!  The question (as I saw it) was
how to get this information out, and if maybe we should make a standard
way to store icons if it isn't easy.
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.