Re: A try at GNOME MDI

>  _______________________________________
> | GnoWord                               |
> |_______________________________________|
> | ________    ________    _________     |
> |/Doc1.doc\__/Program1\__/Cat&Moose\___ |
> ||            ---------  -----------   ||
> ||        There comes a time...        ||
> ||                                     ||
> ||_____________________________________||
> |_______________________________________|

This looks like a great idea. I definitely think we need something like
MDI, no matter how bad some people dislike it (I don't think it's too
great myself). The main problem of X-applications (apart from the general
lack of them so far ;) is that they tend to generate dozens of windows. This
doesn't do much good to the idea of multitasking, because eventually you're
still working with only one app at a time (try to have Gimp, Netscape, and
an X irc client open at the same time, you won't be able to follow the
discussion while doing your image manipulation without moving some windows
aside)

Haven't seen Handleboxes (never even got as far as compiling everything),
so I can't comment on those.

P.S I know I've seen it on the list (I delete too much :( ), but every
gnome app seems to freeze my system. What could be the cause of this?
(seems like an Imlib problem, Imlib_config does it too..)

cya,
Martijn

--
Martijn van Beers