gnome: can't even make libs

I cannot get gnome to make for the life of me...
It wants to find some gdk_imlib.h wich I cannot find anywere!!
The only place I can find any gdk anything is in gtk+ but
that particular header is not in any version of that library.
I first thought "Well, maybe since I dled 0.99.9, it may have been removed."
But, I tried 99.3 wich is what the readme sais to use,...not there....
I tried 99.2 wich the webpage sais to use...not there...
Were do I get this freekin header?!?!?!??