gnomecanvasitem evens and (passive?) grab problem (resend)

Hi.

I have a problem with gnomecanvas (gnome 2.4) and events.

For some reason when a "mouse button down" event accurse I automatically gets some kind of grab on the gnomecanvasitem.
I have tried to ungrab it with XUngrabPointer(gdk_display,CurrentTime), but that didn't work.

How can I change this behaviour?
I want to be able to hold the left mouse button down and get motion events for every (connected) item i drag the mouse over.

Can this be done?

Best regards

/Marcus Rosell