building gnome-libs-1.0.62

I'm trying to build gnumeric on a:
---> uname -a
SunOS <hostname_not_applicable> 5.8 Generic_108528-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine

which doesn't have libdb installed on it already.

The gnome-libs library needs libdb-1.85 compatibility (which is needed by gnumeric).

I went to www.sleepycat.com and downloaded and built their latest version of libdb, but (as shown below) it doesn't have a 1.85 compatibility mode.

Can you point me to the best place to get a gnome-libs-compatible libdb?  (binary or source).

Below is my configure error message when building gnome-libs-1.0.62 :
.
.
.
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking for utime.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... (cached) yes
checking for umode_t... no
checking for dbopen... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode

I could't find any build info for gnome-libs anywhere - that would be helpful too.

I got the source from here - http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-libs as pointed to by the gnumeric download page (which says it can't support gnome-libs 2.0 or higher).

Thanks,
--
Andy