library ABI-frozen releases

Hi,

Now that GTK 2 is out, I think we should start moving up the
dependency chain with the ABI lockdown, and try to make stable
releases of libraries as soon as they are ready. If we can go ahead
and get these out then it will make it much easier for people to
debug/test the desktop itself.

Something for maintainers of the libs just above GLib/GTK to consider.
Do people have ETAs or lists of showstopper issues to release the next
set of stuff? (Off the top of my head the just-above-glib/gtk libs are
linc/ORBit, libgnomecanvas, gnome-vfs, libglade... maybe some others.)

Havoc