API Access to GdkPixbuf in GnomeCanvasPixbuf

In preparation for platform alpha, I have reviewed libgnomecanvas for any possible API changes necessary to implement accessibility on its widgets. the only issue I discovered is that there is currently no API to access the GdkPixbuf contained in a GnomeCanvasPixbuf widget. This would be required for screen readers or other assistive technology which needs to uniquely identify an image, or which in some other way needs access to it. Could this be added?

Marc