Re: internationalized icons [was Re: stock icons to add]

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > eg
> >     'B' for bold does not make much sense in several languages.
>
> This starts to be evil.
>
> I already see "Soubor" instead of "File" in localized
> applications. Thats evil if you are used to Alt-F to get file menu to
> open. Okay, I got used to that.

Just to put you in perspective, it used to be fairly common in Hungarian
applications to use Állomány instead of File (obviously, with no M-f
accelerator), and the Microsoft Office suite has an F icon for bold
(félkövér in Hungarian) and D for italics (dőlt). So this is definitely
happening.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001