Re: stock icons to add

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 07:53:59PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> stock_colorselector.png
The standard MS Office icons for
    - Font colour selector
    - Background colour selector
are also generally applicable because people are familiar with them.

Gnumeric also has a few useful icons for
    - print preview
    - sort ascending/descending

> Maybe these, lots of apps handle text editing of some kind:
>
> stock_text_bold.png
> stock_text_italic.png
> stock_text_strikeout.png
> stock_text_underline.png

The sort icons and several of the font info icons raise an
interesting point.  They are locale specific.

eg
    'B' for bold does not make much sense in several languages.

> stock_paste.png
We don't have an icon for 'paste special' but it would be useful.

> These are too application-specific
>
> stock_spellcheck.png
If we have font icons and text alignment icons this one seems fairly
generic too.  Along the same lines having left, centre, right
suggests h-justify, top, middle, & bottom.