Re: How to use Gnome 2.0 libs?

Hi Archit,

On Sun, 13 May 2001, Archit Baweja wrote:
> I have got the Gnome2 libs from CVS. Now I want to install them in a
> seperate place (say /usr/local/bleeding) so that I can use them for
> specific programs (while I'm compiling those programs). I want the
> rest of the system using the Gnome1.4 setup in /usr. Any pointers?

	Firstly I would suggest installing both the source and object
files in the same prefix, [ I have them in /opt/ngnome2/ ]

	Then I would suggest having a script like this:

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS='-I /opt/ngnome2/share/aclocal'
export PATH="/opt/ngnome2/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/ngnome2/lib"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/opt/ngnome2/lib/pkgconfig'
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS='-I /opt/ngnome2/share/aclocal'
export CERTIFIED_GNOMIE=1

	Save this in a file eg. /opt/ngnome2/ngnome2

	When you start a new shell, do

	$ . /opt/ngnome2/ngnome2		or
	$ source /opt/ngnome2/ngnome2

	I also use a script to configure my packages which does:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/ngnome2 --with-runtime-debug --enable-platform-gnome-2

	HTH,

		Michael.