Re: A patch to let libgnomeui compile with the new gtkrc changes

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome-db org> writes:

> AS I have read, I think that the gtk_rc_set_image_loader function has
> been removed because gtk now includes gdk-pixbuf, then we could remove
> it from libgnomeui without any changes. It's only a supposition, please,
> could you confirm me it?

Yes, this is the right thing to do. (The call to gtk_rc_set_image_loader()
in gnomeui was always dubious, since themes that relied on it wouldn't
work with apps like the GIMP.)

> Thanks.
>
> We need other change to let libgnomeui compile, the gtk_rc_init function
> has been changed to be private so we can use it, I don't know how to
> solve it correctly, the fastest solution is /s/gtk_rc_init/_gtk_rc_init
> at gnome-init.c file. Ideas?

This doesn't work. Symbols prefixed with gtk_ are not exported from
the GTK+ library.

The code flow for gnome-init isn't clear to me on brief inspection.

If gtk_rc_add_default_file() can possibly be called before gtk_init(),
it should be. In which case, no further action is needed.

If it has to be called after, you probably should call
gtk_rc_reparse_all() instead. But that's very ugly.

Regards,
                                        Owen