Problem building libgnome with latest configure.in change

Running my normal "get latest and build" script, my libgnome build failed.

Strangely, aclocal is failing, saying:

    aclocal: configure.in: 153: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE' not found in library

But line 153 of configure.in says AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2, and that *is* in
gconf.m4 right there where aclocal should find it. So I have no idea what
this error message about AM_GCONF_SOURCE means.

Maybe I have a bad version of autoconf -- it says 2.52. Anyone have a clue
what I'm doing wrong?

    -- Darin