Re: emit_event warning in GnomeCanvas

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 17:30, Darin Adler wrote:
> When I click on the background of the icon view in Nautilus, I get a warning
> from emit_event. The warning is a bit cryptic because it just says
> "emit_event is about to return FALSE". I think it has something to do with
> canvas grab, but I don't know what Nautilus is doing wrong to cause the
> warning to be triggered.
>
> The big problem is that Nautilus runs in a mode where warnings drop into the
> debugger, and this causes me to drop into the debugger with the pointer
> grabbed. Then I have to clobber X with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

i have used a patch to gtk 1 which disables the calls to XGrabPointer
and XUnGrabPointer when an environment variable is set, and found it to
be very helpful in these cases.

owen, does this sound like something you'd be willing to put into gtk
2.2?

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby