Gnome changes KDE Desktop !

Hi all,

I tried to use nautilus while using KDE.
By doing that nautilus decided to set the gnome desktop
as default for KDE.
I guess it has something to do with the
"Use GNOME to set the background" option in the
gnome-control-center. Unfortunatly I cannot reach
this option since the gnome-control-center crashes when
I enter the Desktop area.
Does anybody know in which file this option is stored so
I could change it manually or even better...
does anybody have an idea how I can prevent gnome from
displaying the desktop in KDE ??

Thanks for your help

Jan