Announce: Thumbnail Managing Standard 0.4 (fwd)

Hello,

on the xdg-list freedesktop org we are discussing a general way for
storing thumbnails across the desktops currently. You can find the thread
started with the announcement below in the archives:
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/xdg-list/2001-December/000213.html

I've got response from the Gimp, Rox-Desktop and Gnome developers, but
heard nothing from KDE so far. I think it would be a great user visible
enhancement for all the desktops if a program can reuse thumbnails
generated by other programs. Even across the desktops.

Please redirect (or at lest cc) all replies to the
xdg-list freedesktop org, since this should be the main discussing
platform.

Regards,

   Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin